Reports will be sent to parents at three points during the academic year.
All reports will include the following information:
- Authorised absences (half day sessions).
- Unauthorised absences (half day sessions).
- Achievement points.
- Behaviour points
- Latest attainment information, expressed as a numerical level or predicted grade *
- An “Attitude to Achieve” level
- Target levels or grades. *
During the course of the academic year, successive reports will build upon one another to provide an overview of progress from one reporting period to the next. In this way, parents/carers will have a clear understanding of those subjects where good progress is being made, as well as those in which this is not the case.
One of the three reports will be a “full report”. As well as the information outlined above, this will also include comments from your child’s form tutor as well as one of the academy’s senior leaders.
As well as reports, we will continue to offer two parents’ evenings per year group to provide opportunities for parents to make direct contact with subject teachers in order to discuss progress.
You are urged to attend both of these evenings. Our parents’ evening attendance data shows that there is a very clear link between student progress and parents’ direct contact with the academy on such occasions.
* Please note that there will be a change in the ways in which we report attainment, as a result of the withdrawal of National Curriculum levels and the introduction of numerical levels to replace grades in GCSE courses. During the course of this year, we aim to make you fully aware of these changes as we go through the transitional phase.