Careers Lead: Mrs Rebecca Whyles
Contact: 01302 831582 Ext: 105
To encourage our students to take pride in themselves, increase their resilience and create an aspirational generation of young adults for our local and wider community.
Our Strategic Objectives
Every individual sees themselves as a role model for careers and is clear on the academy’s vision for careers.
- Ensuring Local Market Information is shared with students to support them in making informed career choices.
- Developing relationships with the local community and increase their involvement with the academy.
The careers education and guidance programme at Armthorpe Academy seeks to positively support students to acquire the educational, social and employability skills necessary for lifelong success in a diverse and changing world of work.
Students at Armthorpe Academy are entitled to a careers education and guidance programme which:
- is personal to students and always puts students interests first;
- motivates and inspires students to consider all opportunities both within and outside the academy;
- helps students to gain the skills they need to make their career ambitions a reality;
- provides the support students need to be successful;
- helps students access any additional support they might need;
- is delivered by trained and qualified teachers and advisers, with up-to-date knowledge and understanding of career pathways and local labour market information;
- protects and respects students’ personal information and shares it only with their consent.
Together with external careers providers we will support the career development in a number of ways including:
- information and discussion in lessons and assemblies to help students make decisions about their future;
- activities and events such as careers fairs;
- access to career advisers in a variety of ways including individual meetings, drop-in sessions, learning pathway planning and results days;
- careers information and IT based careers programmes;
- information and updates on notice boards and websites.
Students can access careers information in many ways at Armthorpe Academy including:
- attending an interview with Rebecca Whyles, Careers Lead, these can be booked through Student Welfare Managers;
- completing a careers question card which will then be answered by Rebecca Whyles.