As part of our careers provision at Armthorpe Academy, we have built up a large bank of employers that work with us to provide careers related events, workshops and trips. Each academic year, as part of Gatsby benchmark 5 (Encounters with employers), we aim to provide multiple employer encounters per year group to our students.
We host a range of employers at our careers fairs, mock interview events and LMI themed lessons, as well as teaming up with local businesses to provide our students with a workplace visits and work experience.
How could you support our careers programme?
- Careers talks/assemblies about your journey, industry sector or business
- Targeted workshops tailored to those interested in your industry
- Attendance at our careers fair
- Be part of our workplace visit programme
- Participate in drop-down events such as careers carousels, career speed dating and mock job interviews
- Link with subjects to work with students (e.g, an engineering firm may come in to judge some design work from the GCSE Engineering class)
How might supporting a local school benefit my business?
- Can help towards fulfilling your corporate social responsibility
- Helps to raise awareness of your industry and to inspire the next generation
- Increases awareness of your business within the local community
- Can help to shape the skill set of the next generation