The careers education and guidance programme at Armthorpe Academy seeks to positively support students to acquire the educational, social, and employability skills necessary for lifelong success in a diverse and changing world of work.
Students at Armthorpe are entitled to a careers education and guidance programme which:
- is personal to students and always puts students’ interests first;
- motivates and inspires students to consider all opportunities both within and outside the academy;
- helps students gain the skills needed to make their career ambitions a reality;
- provides the support students need to be successful;
- helps students access any additional support they might need;
- is delivered by trained and qualified teachers and advisers, with up-to-date knowledge and understanding of career pathways and local labour market information;
- protects and respects students’ personal information and shares it only with their consent.
Together with external careers providers, we support career development in a number of ways including:
- information and discussion in lessons and assemblies to help students make decisions about their future;
- activities and events, such as careers fairs;
- access to career advisers in a variety of ways including individual meetings, drop-in sessions, learning pathway planning, and results days;
- careers information and IT-based careers programmes;
- information and updates on notice boards and websites.